Many Reading intervention students will bring homework home in a colored vinyl bag. Please return the bag and the contents each day in your backpack. We use the materials in our sessions each day.
Reading Recovery Homework:
1. The student should read the book aloud to the adult.
2. Cut -up Sentence:
- The adult reads the story on the envelope to the child
- The child puts the story (cut-up pieces) together while reading it aloud. The child rereads the story to find any errors, and fixes the errors independently.
- Discard the pieces.
- The adult initials the envelope when the homework is complete, and the child returns the envelope to the homework bag.
Reading Support Homework
1. Read the book in the colored vinyl bag, and return the book and the bag to school the next day.