Healthy Birthday and Party Treats!
As a district we are working on transitioning to healthier snacks
and birthday treats for the students. I am asking for your support
in helping me promote healthy choices. “Health-friendlier” options
that you may consider are listed below. I encourage you to allow
your child to be a part of the selection of the treat from a range of
healthy parent-led choices. I am hoping the children will be very
proud of themselves and their families when they bring in healthy
treats for their classmates.
Thank you for your support!
Mrs. Westcott J
SUGGESTIONS FOR HEALTHY TREATS!
- low sugar cookies
- soft pretzels
- granola bars
- mini-whole wheat bagels
- crackers and cheese
- frozen yogurt
- fruit kabobs
- watermelon, orange slices, grapes, strawberries
- raw veggies with dip
- frozen fruit bars
- ants on a log
- string cheese
- graham crackers/animal crackers
- non-food items (pencils, erasers, stickers, etc.)
- Jell-o topped with a low-fat whipped cream
- Baked tortilla chips with salsa
- Apples dipped in caramel sauce
- Trail mix
- Yogurt and granola
- Jell-o jigglers
- Angel food cupcakes with a strawberry on top.
- Rice Krispie treats
- Balloon bouquet – each child can pick a balloon
- Read a birthday book to the class