The staff wellness committee is a team of employees who formally meet and plan activities to promote good health for themselves and for their fellow workers.
Our goal is to create a culture and environment that supports all District staff and their dependents in focusing on their personal health and well-being.
Strategic Plan Outcomes:
- Transform the current Student Nutrition & Wellness Committee into a "District Wellness Committee" that focuses on the student and employee nutrition and wellness.
- Differentiate the current District Wellness Committee into a Student Wellness Committee and an Employee Wellness Committee.
- Utilize these committees to establish wellness programs throughout the District.
- Create staff wellness programs that are beneficial to both the employee and the District.
- Further, develop partnerships with community-based businesses and organizations to assist the District in developing and implementing District wellness programs.
The School District of Fort Atkinson Student and Staff Wellness Committees are looking for new members.
The SDFA Wellness Committee:
- is a team of employees who formally meet and plan activities to promote good health for themselves and for their fellow workers,
- represents employees from all levels of the district,
- communicates to staff information about known health risks and the value of a Fort Atkinson School District wellness committee and wellness initiatives,
- creates and maintains open lines of communication between wellness committees and district staff,
- promotes participation in both individual and group activities,
- advocates for worksite policies and environments that support improved health,
- coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of the wellness activities/programs offered to employees, and
- serves as the leader/champion for wellness activities at their worksite.
SEE THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR NEXT MEETING DATES: ~We would LOVE to have a representative from every building!
Google Calendar - Current Events in SDFA and around the community
Useful links (Click the underlined headings)
- Living Healthy Rewards powered by WebMD - *for Dean health plan members only
- Nurse Liaison Visits-
- Examples of how your Nurse Liaison can help you:
- Is a new medical diagnosis leaving you feeling confused and overwhelmed?
- Are you interested in making healthy lifestyle changes but unsure where to start?
- Are you unsure how to find a Primary Care Provider (PCP)?
- Do you want to know more about your annual health screening results?
- Are you feeling lost in the medical system and unsure who to call?
- Do you need assistance signing up for MyChart?
- National Health Observances
- CSA Coalition (Community Sponsored Agriculture)
- Fort Health Care - Community Wellness