Medication at School
All medications at school require an "Administering Medication to Students" form. Please follow district procedure as required by law:
- Any over-the-counter medications require a parent signature on the form unless the dosage exceeds the manufacturer's recommended dose. In that case, a prescribing health care practitioner signature is also required.
- Any prescription medication requires a parent/guardian and prescribing health care practitioner signature.
- Any non-FDA regulated supplement requires a parent/guardian and prescribing health care practitioner signature.
- Controlled substances are considered on a case-by-case basis by building administration and a district nurse.
- District Medication Policy