Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Shannon Lyon
I have been one of the Agriculture Instructors / FFA Advisors at FAHS full-time since November 2008, however, I spent the entire 2007-2008 school year as a long-term sub in the FAHS Agriculture Department. Prior to coming to FAHS, I taught Agriculture and Biology at Cambridge High School during the 2004-2005 school year. I was also an intern teacher at Hartford Union High School for Spring Semester 2004.
I am a 2000 graduate of Fort Atkinson High School and a May 2004 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. While at UWRF I majored in Agriculture Education with a minor in Agriculture Business. I also participated in several organizations and activities on campus including
* AgEd Society (collegiate FFA)
* Alpha Tau Alpha - Alpha Mu Chapter
* National Student Secretary / Treasurer
* A.C.T (Agriculture Communicators of Tomorrow)
* WRFW Radio Host (2 semesters)
* CAFES Student Ambassador (College of Agriculture, Food & Environmental Science)
* Intramural Broomball
"Outside of School"
* My husband and I got married in 2011 and the Milwaukee Brewers Racing Sausages showed up at our wedding!
* We currently have a 250lb Saint Bernard "puppy", named Tuga, short for Tortuga (Spanish for turtle) because he is the pokiest puppy EVER!
* I am an avid Milwaukee Brewers fan (and now the Colorado Rockies as well because of ♥Jonathan Lucroy♥)
* I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was in 4th grade.
* We have a turtle name Perry (Perro) - which is Spanish for dog
(so my dog's name is Turtle and my turtle's name is Dog)
* FAHS Chapter President, Treasurer & Director
* WI State Winner - Prepared Public Speaking, National - Top 20
* WI State Semi-Finalist - Extemporaneous Speaking
* WI State FFA Degree Recipient
* American FFA Degree Recipient
Professional Background / Accomplishments
* Intern Teacher @ Hartford Union High School (Spring 2004)
* Cambridge High School - Agriculture Instructor / FFA Advisor & Biology Instructor (2004-2005)
* Fort Atkinson High School Agriculture Instructor / FFA Advisor (2007 - Present)
* WAAE (Wisconsin Association of Agriculture Educators) Member
* WAAE - Section 10 - Teacher Turn the Key Recipient (20??), Teacher of Teachers - Bronze Level (2016), Agriscience Teacher of the Year (2017)
* NAAE (National Association of Agriculture Educators) Member
* Kohl Teacher Fellowship Candidate (2014-2015)