2019 - 2020 KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION
The School District of Fort Atkinson welcomes parents / guardians and all children that will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019 to come learn about our Kindergarten program and classrooms!
2019 Kindergarten Sign-Up Window | April 1 through April 16
Kindergarten Welcome Day | Friday, May 3
SIGN UP INFORMATION | April 1 through April 16
1. SIGN-UP ONLINE | click here to fill out the Kindergarten Welcome Day Sign Up Form (form available April 1)
2. SIGN-UP VIA PHONE | contact your child's resident school
- Barrie Elementary | 920.563.7817
- Luther Elementary | 920.563.7828
- Purdy Elementary | 920-563.7822
- Rockwell Elementary | 920.563.7818
Not sure which school is your resident school? Click here to search the District mapping.
KINDERGARTEN WELCOME DAY | Friday, May 3
Each elementary school will hold three welcome sessions to accommodate busy schedules:
- Session 1 | 8:00 AM
- Session 2 | 9:30 AM
- Session 3 | 12:30 PM
To save your spot, please sign-up for a session by following step 1 or 2 under 'Sign Up Information' above.
- What if I don't know my child's resident school? CLICK HERE to view our District mapping.
- My child won't be five years old until November 2019, can I sign them up for Kindergarten? No. All students attending Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2019.
- What will the Welcome Day session look like? Each session is one hour in length. You will have opportunity to meet school principals, tour the building and participate with your child in fun activities.
- I plan on sending my child to a parochial school, do I attend one of these sessions? If your student plans on attending a parochial school, please contact that school to get information regarding their registration process.
- Is this the same as 4K? 4K is for children that are four years of age on or before September 1, 2019. Please visit our 4K website if this pertains to your child.
- Do I need to sign up for a session or sign my child up right now? It is extremely important to sign up your child for Kindergarten next school year. Signing up for a session ensures you will be able to get all the information you in a timely matter.
- Whats the difference between Kindergarten Sign Up and School Registration that happens in the fall? Kindergarten Sign-Up and Welcome Day are designed to get your child signed up for Kindergarten and get your child on in the District's student system and on our radar for classroom counts. Kindergarten is the first step into the K-5 school system, so we want to ensure a smooth transition for you and your child! School Registration in the fall is a time we will ask for you to verify your information, gather medical and emergency information, and make sure everything is set for that first day of school as a Kindergartener.
- I know a child that will be five, but I don't think there parents/guardians received information - what do I do? You can send them our way! Have them contact their resident school and we will get them the information they need to sign up.
- I live in a neighboring city, but want my child to attend Kindergarten in Fort Atkinson. Can I sign up now? You will want to check our Open Enrollment page to complete the open enrollment process prior to registering.
- I have questions, who do I contact? You will want to contact your child's resident school for any questions regarding the Kindergarten sign-up process. Phone numbers listed above.